Peel Hall - the first new accommodation block
Photo taken with a Brownie 127 in the summer of 1959.
The School bus (aka the 'Red Devil') is parked outside the Tuck Shop. The latter vital facility was managed by 2 dear ladies, Miss Nichol and Miss Edwards; widely known as 'Shot and Javelin' because of their relative statures. A certain York Sixth-former would buy in stocks of chocolate bars during the week and then sell them, at a considerable profit, to starving Juniors returning from Sunday walks.
Contents The Gallery Topography - Halls Peel 1959