Photos taken from up a tree (1958)
This photo was taken by Dave Turner from a vantage point up a tree on the edge of the woods. The Chapel (then in 35) is on the left & Peel Hall is in the distance over to the right. Note the immaculate gardens (which also covered the area now occupied by the Gym).
On the left is the covered way that ran down the slope between 32 and 34 to the High Street. The extension at the end of the Chapel allowed the altar to be partly recessed.
Contents The Gallery Topography - 50s Tree Views 1958